Monday, June 15, 2009

Nothing Special

I fear that writing here too much ends up being quite redundant. I supposed there are new interesting things going on in life but nothing worthy of blogging about..cause who really cares about broken dishwasher and lack of water pressure. Who has ever heard of a "water saving shower head" -- doesn't that defeat the purpose?
I have been having itches to get into a good bible study. Nat has been reading non-stop for weeks and I figure its something I can do while I wait for SOMEONE to call me back on all my job applications. Plus, like I said, an itching (or urge is probably a better word). I read Carols blog and now I am a bit scared that HE will ask me to give something up and turn my world upside down...I guess that is what HE is supposed to do.
I have been trying to figure out my potential class schedule. I dont get to actually "fight" for them until June 24. It sorta sucks because I was thinking that I could cram all my classes into 2-3 days and then not have to go up to campus (hour busride) everyday...but doesnt look like its going to work out for me. From what I see, I will have to be there everyday. Funny about those nursing classes...its a lecture, a tutoring session and a lab...so for 5 classes I have 12 class periods. Cant turn back now.
So this weekend we are going on a trip with Natalie to Mt. Tamborine. I think it will be awesome! Another hiking adventure. We were lazy this past weekend, sitting around the house and going shopping (with our eyes).
We got a nice surprize last week by getting a call from dad (Ken). It was nice to hear a familiar voice and I think Ken was desperate to know about Nat's work...since Nat is a HUGE slacker and wont blog. He was doing so well! I also got to Skype with my sisters, chat online with Vanessa and Skype with Hope and Steve. A good week I would say of being loved from all angles. Also a shout out to Hope for saving us from starvation--you really are the BEST mother-in-law EVER! I would send you a thank you card, but card stores here are LAME and only have really BAD generic thank you cards or birthday cards...where is a Hallmark when you need one?
Hans and Danielle are off to the states. Before they left, she gave me a couple places in Brisbane that may sell "american" things. Like Dr.Pepper and Cherry Coke...and Chocolate made by hersheys. I am going to go on a little adventure tomorrow to see what they have. I figured out the bus route and I am planning on braving it. I would take the car, but I dont really like driving downtown plus its a small fortune to park. This grand mall also is rumored to have a starbucks...who am i kidding, thats all i really want. An hour bus ride for a Caramel White Chocolate Mocha (hey I have to WALK to bus stop so that will burn all the calories off--right?)
I have to ride the bus up there (downtown Brisbane City) again wednesday to get Hep B shot II -- just trying to get used to it. I also want to drop my resume off to a couple places in the mall at Browns Plains (opposite direction, closer to home) just to fare the bus trip there as well.
I have like 35 days till school starts...it is not coming fast enough, but I am sure when it gets here I will wish it wasnt. I am planning on looking into summer courses as well (just to get a head start and get some classes out of the way)--we will see when the time comes.
Our crate was supposed to dock in Melbourne today, but they havent updated our tracking so we are not sure if it has. I am hoping that it doesnt have to sit in quarantine for 3 months or something crazy because that would SUCK! I am hoping (crossing fingers really tightly) that we will get it by July 1 and everythign will be in good condition. nat and I really miss our girls. We still have about 3 months until they will be here with us. I saw them on Skype while talking to my sisters and ETTA is FAT. She must be a nervous eater (mother like daughter)--I am really worried because she needs to weigh under (or VERY close to) 30 lbs to travel, and she is pushing way past that. Anyone want to help Cheryl help Etta lose weight? (ie, take my dogs for walks). That is SUCH a funny request. =) hahah
Well I cant think of anything else...love you all.

Chrissi

2 comments:

abbi said...

i love reading about the boring stuff. just helps me feel there with you or at least close enough to call myself a friend. love you and i'm still so proud of you and what you are doing. keep it up. what would you want as far as a care package? i keep thinking of things, but then i'm not sure. give me a list. seriously...

Hope said...

Chrissi, you're doing a fantastic job of keeping us updated. However, if Nat wants any brownie points he better start adding his 2cents!
PS I got my passport this week..now I have to figure out how/when to get to Aussie Land.