Monday, June 29, 2009

Mini-Update

I guess I have been sorta slacking in the blogging category. Last week was pretty busy but other than that I really have no good excuse. I will say that i was waiting around for Nat to contribute but I have a feeling we would be waiting a long time.
Its been pretty lazy around here. Weekends are set aside for resting and grocery shopping for the most part. And visited pet stores to see the cute puppies. I swear if they weren't $900/each we would already have a house full. As for school, I finally got my class times and with all the lectures, tutorials and labs I have a total of 12 class times for 5 classes. Time to start living at QUT!! I passed my first aid class on Friday so I am geared up and prepared for first semester of nursing school. I have about 21 days until my first day. I love to countdown! I will need to buy some books, approximately $900AU worth. That is NO FUN! We still have a couple more months before the expenses slow down. We will be ok it seems, hopefully, as long as financial aid goes through, otherwise I have no idea how I am going to afford $9000AU a semester!! God will provide if need be. He has been very generous up until this point. I have some prayers out there that have the ear of God. I am working on myself...just taking a little discipline.
I am excited about nursing, but also a little timid. Its been a long time since I had to study and retain information. I am worried my brain is dead.
Nat really seems to like his job. They are giving him challenging puzzles for him to figure out which makes it fun for him. He really likes to figure things out, I on the other hand get a little lost when he tried to explain it to me.
Our crate is in Melbourne and will be there for another 10-15 days and then (fingers crossed) we will have our shipment. Nat returned some final paperwork today so we should be good to have it delivered in the next couple weeks. I am SO excited for my bed!! The girls wont be here till Mid-September and we miss them terribly!! I am not sure we can go another weekend staring at adorable puppies without bringing one home...MUST BE STRONG!!
We had some EXCITING news on the homefront. Congratulations are in order for a special someone. We of course are thrilled, but sorta bummed we wont be there to experience it. If you are reading...CONGRATS.
We had a great conversation with Hope and Steve on Sunday. Its becoming a routine event. We dont mind at all. I am hoping that my mom gets her skype set up this weekend while my sisters are there so we can video chat with her as well VERY soon.
I have been trying my hand at cooking. Its quite annoying that they dont have anything pre-packaged (such as cookies, crescent rolls, biscuits, pizza dough, etc) and I have to resort to make everything from scratch. The difficulty is that we are metric system and most of the recipes I have found here in Au use ml and g...I am not sure how to convert 150g into cups. My first experience with pizza dough was not so great and the cookies were a DISASTER. Note to self: use all purpose flour as opposed to self-rising...there really is a difference!!
I was blessed last week with bunches of care packages. Hope sent us several care packages with books and gum. My sisters FINALLY got around to mailing my list...they kept saying they would mail it when I stopped adding things. So I am perfectly content with my ranch dip packets, gum, dressing and spices. I am rather surprized they got through customs!! YEAH!! I am good with koolaid for eternity!! SO much better than tang!
Well I cant think of anything else to write about. If you want to know about anything specific feel free to ask on comments and I will respond. Its hard sometimes to know what to write about when it seems so mundane to me.
Love you all
Chrissi

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm working on figuring out Skype as well. So maybe I can chat it up with ya here soon.

My mom told me to tell her angel hi.

alycepaige said...

my screen name on skype is cpflederer -- add me as contact.

Anonymous said...

hey i have a lot of easy 3 or 4 ingredient recipes, they are good and alot of crockpot recipes......do you use a crockpot? when i get a chance i'll scan or type them up and send them to you............maybe they will help with some ideas. I always have trouble thinking of things to cook. i love you and STAY AWAY FROM THE PUPPIES!!!! :)