Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nat's Last Day

So today is Nat's last day at Accenture. He has really enjoyed working there and i can imagine thought he would be there until he retired. This opportunity to move to Australia was too good to pass up and the timing was perfect. He went out with some people from work last night and seemed to have a great time. I know he will miss the friends he has made at Accenture. Hopefully some will take him up on his offer to come to Australia.

Nat has less than a week left in the USA. By next Wednesday he will be in Australia, soaking up the sun and trying to find us a place to live! He is very excited, like a toddler at Christmas. Its rather endearing. Hastings Deering is providing up to 4 weeks of housing which is nice because Nat doesnt have to live in a hotel, and they are also providing a company car for a couple weeks. I am a little hesitant of driving in AU, I have a hard enough time on the right side of the road, moreorless the left...so maybe it will be good for me!! =)

I have applied to a couple nursing programs, but havent heard anything back yet. Classes dont start until July so hopefully I will get there in enough time to get organized. I am feeling so at peace and calm with this move that it seems almost surreal. Nat and I both are barely nervous, but more anxious to get there. I am not sure our family really realizes that we are not moving to just another state, but another COUNTRY. I know my sisters will love the adventure of coming to visit, another notch in their world-travelling belt.

Overall everything has gone very smoothly. Our possessions have boarded ship and will be delivered Mid-June, and the girls (dogs) have booked their flight for Aug 11 so we will see them in Mid-September. Now all we have to do is fine a place to live! I can imagine it will be much easier once we get there. I just dont want to rush into it.

I appreciate all the avid readers, so few i know. But I am hoping once we get to AU and wont be able to talk to people as freely that this blog will be more active with all the adventures of Nat and Chrissi.

Mrs. P

No comments: