Monday, April 20, 2009

Reality setting in...

Last week was so much fun! It was so nice to really spend time with people. Although it was a bit hectic, I was actually really bummed to go home. I have a lot of projects here that I need to attend to before I move across the world. I was also left with a 2 page list of things to do before I leave!! Somehow Nat planned that perfectly. Its not too bad, I got the majority of what I could get done finished today.
The reality of the move is starting to set in, especially with Nat in the air. It is definately a different kind of longing when you know you cant just pick up the phoneto get a hold of someone. How did the world survive without cell phones?? He was starting to get more nervous today so I think it is finally sinking in for him. I sorta wish I could have gone with him, but I think it was best for me to stay to make sure everything was good to go. So I officially have 13 days till I get on a plane. I got word from Queensland University of Technology that I was accepted into their nursing program. It is very much like the one I was going to go to here where I recieve my Bachelors degree in a 2-year program. So once I land, I will need to find a place to live, scope out the school and get registered for classes that start on JULY 20!! So my dream of sitting on the beach all day will be merely a pipe dream, and I will have to hit the books HARD, because I dont remember the last time I studied!! There is a long story that got me to the point to take up nursing...its just weird where life takes you and how is molds you, even before you are fully aware of it.
I am excited about the opportunity in Nat and my life. I think it will only make us stronger and more in love with each other (if that is possible =)) i am sure there will be some challenges, but I wouldn't want to experience with anyone else. He truly is the man of my dreams and no one compares. This time we will find our way on our own, not that we didn't before, but now its really just the two of us.
I am not sure where this road will lead, but I trust the Nat would only make such a drastic change if he was confident it was the best decision for both of us. It comforting to know I have that kind of strength standing next to me. I figure if we can remodel a house, build a house and live with in-laws within the first couple years of marriage and still love each other more than ever...then we can do anything!!
Love you all...
Mrs. P

No comments: