Friday, April 03, 2009

Update

I have been asked to provide an update...so here goes.

Nat finally got his visa approved and everything is set in stone now. What surprized me was that it took less than 2 weeks instead of 2 months. Nat is currently in Peoria and he will be there on and off till he leaves on April 20. I leave May 4, I have a wedding scheduled for May 2 so I need to stay for that. thats only 31 days away!! but it seems like a lifetime away.

I am trying to arrange dates with everyone before I go. Travelling to Peoria and to KY to see my mom and trying to touch base with all my friends here..that is a full time job all its itself. On top of that, my kitchen repaint turned into a kitchen remodel, so this house is a mess and I can hardly stand it anymore. The vacuum is broken and in the shop and the neighbors vacuum sucks...so I am seriously on the verge of going to buy one just so I can have a clean house!!

The kitchen should be done by middle of next week...if all goes as I plan =)...well a girl can dream. I am painting the bathroom today and then Ill have to paint the kitchen and the cabinets...good thing I dont have a job!

We sold our car last week so we have been trying to arrange transportation everywhere...which makes visiting outside the vicinity a bit more challenging. We also exchanged our flat screen for plumbing work for my sister...it ended up being a good deal...though there are still things to do. The moving company came out last week to take our bed and a few boxes. We really didnt realize how SMALL the container was...not much more than the bed really fit. I am totally missing my bed though...so is my back and my sanity! Only 3 months till i get it back!! oh dear.

I was telling a friend today that the original idea of moving was fine with me and the painful waiting game. Then there was the excitement of it all coming together, and the liberation of selling all the debt-consumed junk in our lives. After the thrill of acceptance, it was nose to the grindstone to get everything set in stone. A little bit of reality set in, now its the final touches and even more sinking in...and then waiting for that day to fly away. Finally I am getting a little nervous and apprehensive...oh crap, what did I just agree to?? Starting over is always scary, but I have never been that far away from family. I believe the mothers are having a harder time with it then they put off...especially mine. They will be fine, we will be fine...change is inevitable.

I sent off my applications to nursing school in AU. Hopefully I can start classes as early as July Semester...pray hard!! i cant say I am a shoe in...but I hope I am. Although it might be nice to get a job somewhere!

I get the feeling that Nat doesnt consider this a 2 year stint. He is not rushing to conclusions, but he makes subtle remarks that makes me think he may never leave AU. Lets start with the 2 years and go from there...its cute though, he already has all these mini-vacations planned for us...Fiji, Soloman, Barrier Reef, Sydney. So I guess I can consider it a 2 year honeymoon! (But he is NOT getting out of taking me to ITALY!)

My sisters (and sister in law) have already started planning their vacations. I am thinking if I can get friend/family to come once a month, I will adjust better...=) So start planning your trips! I would love to give everyone the opportunity to be able to visit. I will definately have to scope out some killer spots.

So i guess right now its just tying up loose ends and making sure we have everything taken care of before we board the planes. I am super excited for Nat, he has talked about having an opportunity like this since I met him. He is adorable, like a little kid with a new shiny toy. He really is this amazing man and I am blessed beyond measure. You should be jealous!

No comments: