Friday, May 08, 2009

We got a House!!

So today the torture of looking for a house ended. We got a house! 10 days ago I went to a house inspection. I walked in and I knew right away this was the house. The house has a bit of a walk to the nearest bust stop - about a km away, but its the best house that I had gone thru. I don't have pictures yet, but will definitely put some pictures up next week after we sign and can get moved in.
So anyway, I put the offer in the day after i went thru the inspection and ended up not hearing anything back from the Realtor. I wasn't sure what was going on so called them back on Tuesday after the holiday. They told me that we were the only offer, and they where just waiting to get confirmation from the owner. So Chrissi lands on Wednesday and since they still hadn't made a decision on the house, I called up the Realtor and asked if we could set up another inspection so that I could take Chrissi through it. If she didn't like it we would just forget about the offer. Well I get a call back on Wednesday night and the owners want to meet us and show us through the house personally on Thursday. So the next day i'm talking to my co-workers about this and they say this is highly unusual.(what about this move, or Chrissi and I is?)
So Thursday comes, and since we don't know if the house is for sure yet we have a couple more inspections scheduled just in case the other doesn't work. Well we get to those houses and It was really great, cause it gave Chrissi a chance to see some of the Junk that is available and for the price its really junk. Well, we finally get to the house with the owners about 5:30. It really is a great house - its way more house then we need 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, projection screen room ( its all set up minus the projector darn it they are taking it with them!) But for the price its in our price range, its the best looking house that I had seen, nice yard with dog park close. Across the street is another park with a stainless steel gas/electric grill that is free of use for anyone. Anyway we ended up talking with the owners for 2 hours. They are a super nice couple and i wish they where not moving away as they are defenitaly someone that we could be friends with. So as we leave i'm still trying to talk the house up to Chrissi, and she looks and me and says "you don't have to keep selling me on the house, i feel totally at east that it will be our home." So i call up the Realtor and say we are still very interested in the house and want our offer to continue. I get a call back today at 10 that the offer was accepted by the owners (YEAH DO THE DANCE). So after 3 weeks and prob 500km of driving we got a house. I can't put in words how happy i am to not have to look for a house anymore. It wasn't so much stressful as just starting to get worrisome that we wouldn't find something in time and would possibly have to stay in the hotel longer.
Now we have to find a car. But that can't be anywhere near as hard as buying a house(right?).

Anyway, work has been really wonderful. I love my co-workers, and i'm really excited to be using the knowledge i have, yet still learning something everyday. Its a bit overwhelming as there is alot that they do that isn't how i learned it or how the system was set up to run, but I was expecting that and I know this is going to be a great experience for me.

Anyway I'm off to bed long day tomorrow going to meet the owners again to talk about some of there furniture they don't' want to haul away, that we just might buy, plus we are car shopping, wish us luck!

Addy
21 Watheroo Pl, Parkinson QLD 4115

No comments: