Friday, May 08, 2009

Some things to consider.
1. If this is winter, I am hestitant of summer weather and DEFINATELY need to invest in shorts and skirts and throw away all my sweatshirts/security blankets.
2. Nat is miserable without me...coke and beer is all he has -- sounds like a bad Springer Episode.
3. If you want to stop drinking coke, move to AU. $3 for 20oz. Also, stop eating...$9 for sandwiches is sorta ridiculous. Also, dont smoke, you;ll go broke at nearly $10/pack. I imagine there arent many Aussies that eat out often, and if they do, they are millionaires.
4. There is a bird outside our villa that sounds like a chainsaw cutting up a small child.
5. No Koala sightings yet...crickey!
6. It is a new feeling when you get stared at while you talk...I wonder if aussies think US accents are as cool as we think aussie accents are. if they do, i wont conform and stay strong with US accent, just to be loved!
7. I had grocery shopping plans with Nat's boss's wife, Cheryl. At least I didnt have to WALK!! it seems a little better when you realize its $5/kg..which is about 2 pounds...that will take a little getting used to.
8. TV...hmm, honestly I dont think I will be watching much. They have weird sense of humor.
9. MUSIC...no hiphop, top 40...from what I have heard, its all sorta electronic emo....all well, at least I have Etta James on my IPOD.
10. I love my IPhone. It makes me feel "connected"

No comments: