Monday, July 20, 2009

ok ok i slack i slack...

there is really no good excuse for not updating our blog. no good excuse at all. I could run down some key moments for you.
1. LOVE that my mom is now on Skype--her camera sucks and we need to practice waiting for the delay and not talking over each other...but its very cool! WAY TO GO MOM!!
2. LOVE skyping with sisters and in-laws. Its always a pleasure to chat with everyone. Even if its just sitting and staring at Cheryl giving Etta lovin' -- it still makes my day!
3. Unfortuantely skyping will be limited now because of school, but still available early on Wed (your tues night) and Fri (your thurs night) and of course the weekends.
4. Found out today in class that after my first semester of Clinical I will be awarded a certificate and I will be able to get a job within aged care...yeah...paying job! Fingers crossed anyway.
5. Hung out with a REALLY cool girl...Felicity...and am missing other cool girl...DANIELLE (are you EVER coming back!!?)
6. Nat loves his job, has time-consuming project right now that requires him to work over the weekends and stays late at work, but he enjoys it. He is an awesome hubby...especially with helping around the house.
7. Nat started playing sand volleyball on Tuesday nights. I warmed up with him last week and was WORE OUT after like 10 minutes. It took me the next 45 minutes to stop wheezing.
8. Speaking of wheezing..we FINALLY got a vacuum cleaner this weekend. It was WAY overdue. I had been wheezing since Fluke got here, and even after he left...but I am way better now that we have vacuumed the house and the couch. Of course we got a Dyson, but considering no name vacuums were $250, spending $370 was worth it for knowing you had a good one. It was marked down over 50%. Here in AU they prefer canister/barrel vacuum so preferring upright worked in our favor. Nat would have preferred barrel, but I preferred the price!
9. I am waiting for the month where money isnt tight.
10. First day of school was good. I think I will like my Clinical Practice 1 class. Lecturer is super funny and easy to understand. Tomorrow will be the test--PHARMACOLOGY!!! shoot me now! I had always heard horror stories...just start praying now!
11. We havent really had any great adventures lately...I went to Gold Coast with Cheryl (Nat's boss' wife) to see whales, to no avail, but we were at the beach so that was good enough for me. She also introduced me to an outlet mall...now if only #9 would get settled.
12. Found out last week that our shipment wont be delivered until mid-August. We are disgruntled. It was supposed to be AT THE MOST 3 months...and now it is going into 5 months. I would really like some new selection of clothes. I am tired of wearing the same outfits. NOT TO MENTION MY BED!!! I know we talk about it alot...but compared to what we have now...I want to sleep through the night. At this rate, the girls will get here BEFORE the bed. What is really frustrating is that the shipment has past all the checkpoints, and now its just sitting in Melbourne until July 30, then it will get sent here and not get here till around Aug 10--THEN they schedule delivery...UGH!
13. Girls had their vet appointment on Thursday last week. Blood work and external parasite check. Vet seems to think Etta has fleas which could delay her arrival...so please please please let it not be fleas!!! We miss our girls TERRIBLY! Nat was TOO close to buying puppy this weekend...I must monitor our mall visits to stay away from pet stores. less than 30 days and they will be in AU, less than 60 days and they will be HERE!! I hope time flies!
14. Write comments. I like to know you are reading.
15. I cant think of anything else right now...plus I have to get to bed so I can rise and shine tomorrow am. Tuesdays are going to suck...i have class from 8-9AM then 3-5PM...I guess I need to learn how to study somewhere in the middle.
16. Love you all!!
17. Miss you all!!
18. Bye.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

We ARE going back! We're just trying to cram as much as we can into these last two weeks. We should have taken you up on your offer for extra suitcases though. I keep finding more stuff I'd like to take back with me. Eeeep! See you soon!

Hope said...

Chrissi, thanks again for the glimpse you give us into your busy lives. I think you're an amazing gal! Love you both.

Anonymous said...

Hey kids,

Nice to hear some up dates! Sounds like the last few weeks of "boredom" may be coming to an end, as it's "Crissi goes to school" time. Wish you the best!!!

Keep you head(s) up and smile and know that God loves ya! And so do I!

Love ya, Yoda